However, for no good reason, Mississippi schools go back the first week of August. So the allure of Labor Day weekend being the final days of Summer has not been something I could understand. Most the time September is as hot as August with just as much chance of tropical weather. The one exception being when I moved to Scotland. When I arrived on September 7, 2007 the autumn chill had already come to Edinburgh causing me a few uncomfortable nights where all the contents of my suitcase were taken out and placed on my person.
Oh how I love Fall. Here are some things to look forward to on this blog as I gear up for cooler weather....
- The appearance of a line of vintage jewelry and accessories from my shop and my best friend's shop The Muddy Mermaid.
- The repurposing and refurbishing of an old Sear's wood burning stove for my parent's barn.
- Fun vintage pieces for our annual Halloween Party. This year's theme is Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves!
- Some local ghost stories. From a collection of spooky tales I have been collecting for over two years.
- Fun Finds and Wish List Wednesdays for Fall and Halloween.
Until then, take comfort in the words of F. Scott Fitzgerald....
"Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the Fall."