Thankful to be Getting into the Spirit of Blogging

     I know it has been awhile since my last post.  After I left for my trip this summer life has just taken over and swept me away.  All of a sudden I am waking up on Thanksgiving morning realizing I have not posted in over five months!  The holidays always put me in a reflective mood, even one as overlooked as Thanksgiving.  A note on my personal history, it was this week five years ago that Edward and I moved into our house, and he proposed!  This is also the time Leah and I start harassing each other about goals unmet, and create new ones for the upcoming year.  

   So here are a few things that I have been up to since my last posts in June....

We did some traveling:

I mentioned our upcoming adventures abroad, but I also took a road trip with my dad to Russellville, Arkansas for a dear friends wedding.  A week later, I boarded a plane for a five week European tour.  (There is that number five again!  Must be at theme...)  I also took a few weekend trips this Fall one with Edward for a kayak fishing tournament in Pensacola, Florida and a trip with Leah to Lafayette over this break.  It is great to get out and go!  I hope to feature some of my trips in some Throwback Thursday posts.


Ed and I with Big Ben 

Miss October:

It was my extreme pleasure to be selected as Blogger of the Month for October at Mississippi Women Bloggers!  It is awesome to be apart of this wonderful community of ladies.  I highly suggest joining in the fun if you are a fellow blogger in Mississippi.  Here are a link to some of my guest posts this year with them.  

The Art of Loving Where Your From

How to Travel with a Carry On

Fall the Ultimate Guilty Pleasure

At Home Pedicures 



New Listings on Etsy:

Some great vintage finds are now appearing on my Etsy shop by the same name The Sassy Starfish.  They are mostly collections of vintage decorative book sets.  However, I also have listed collectible cookbooks, children's books, and other fun finds.  I hope to expand the shop into other fun items in the upcoming months.  


Had some legendary thrift store hauls: 

I have been in need of new clothes for awhile.  Especially clothes to wear to work.  I am the ultimate cheapskate, and always feel guilty paying too much money for clothes.  More recently, I have begun to go to thrift stores several time a week to look for clothes especially.  It has been fruitful!  I have found both name brands, cute vintage pieces, and stylish items as well.  It has really helped bolster my confidence as well as my savings.  It is nice to have nice clothes that fit correctly.  



Added a new member to the household: 

Most recently, Edward and I added a new little member to our house.  I got a sweet little hedgehog as a pet.  I originally wanted a bunny, but had always admired cute hedgehogs on Instagram.  A breeder I was following posted little hoglets (baby hedgehogs), and I had to have them.  So Prickles has been adjusting to her home, and my company while I watch Netflix every night.  



I look forward to getting back in the swing of blogging. Please join me for holiday posts!