Preparing for Cooler Weather... Wood Burning Stove Refurbishment

      It is exciting to share some fun things for my first October at The Sassy Starfish.  As many know, my husband and I are big fans of Halloween, and have a yearly themed party at our home.  This year's theme is Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves where we will build a gypsy camp in our backyard with a fortune teller on the front porch.  Much of my inspiration came from the blog A Fanciful Twist, and I was able to find a fantastic wood burning stove in my parent's barn.  

     In order to get the stove back into shape, we spent a lot of time sanding.  We then spray painted the stove with black heat proof paint, and sanded it down a bit again in order to create a more rustic look.  

    Here is the journey from barn storage to a functional piece...


Right after being extracted from the barn with cobwebs and all. 


Close up before


Stove pieces


Pieces before and after sanding 


Stove after refurbish


After front view 


The stove in action on our back porch 

Please check back for other vintage pieces appearing for gypsy fun!  

Labels: , , , ,